• 1975 : Herman Mostermans and Michel Mas, two export directors in a large Bordeaux company created Les Vins de Crus in conjunction with the Prats family, who at the time was the owner of Châteaux Cos d’Estournel, Marbuzet et Petit Village.
• 2001 : The company was bought by Théodore Mostermans and Antoine Darquey.
• 2009 : Construction of new cellars and offices. The company moves to Bordeaux Bruges.
• 2014 : expansion of our warehouse, with a part devoted to in-bond storage
The commercial team:
- Théodore Mostermans : After gaining a master degree in law and company management, Théodore Mostermans joined his father’s business in 1988. In 1996, he became Commercial Director of Chateau Giscours and Chateau du Tertre, both Margaux crus classés. He is also owner and director of Château Moulin Eyquem and Château Marcillac, both Cotes de Bourg.
- Antoine Darquey : Following 5 years in a multinational food company, Antoine Darquey returned to his hometown of Bordeaux in 1992. He spent 10 years with a large negociant company in various management roles, including that of Grands Crus Director. In 2001, he began working with Théodore Mostermans. Since 1993, he has been also running a family property, ChâteauTeyssier which is a Montagne and Puisseguin Saint Emilion.
- A commercial team of 16 people ; Théodore Mostermans and Antoine Darquey are supported by 8 specialised sales staff for classified wines, and 8 commercial assistants who are based in Bordeaux and work across the various markets.
• Key figures :
- Sales have more than doubled in 8 years: in 2011, turnover is expected to reach over 40 million € for 2.5 million bottles.
- 70% of turnover is from export markets in over 40 countries.
- Over 1 million bottles of wine are stored in perfect conditions in our new cellars, with a capacity that can hold up to 1.5 million.
• Our strengths:
- Our strict quality criteria in :
Selection : All of our wines are selected for their intrinsic quality above all other factors.
Provenance : All of the wines we sell are guaranteed to have never left Bordeaux. They come solely from our own stocks, or directly from the chateux cellars themselves.
Storage : Our new temperature-controlled cellars allow us to store wine at a constant temperature year round at between 12° and 16°. Ideally located on the outskirts of Bordeaux, with easy high speed road access to both the Médoc and St Emilion, recent changes in French law has meant we are now able to offer our clients a service of duty free ‘in bond’ storage.
- A highly specialised and knowledgeable team that is reactive, passionate and multi-lingual (we do business in five languages - English, Dutch, Spanish, German and Mandarin).
- Our solid financial base allows us to carry a large stock of prestigious wines and older vintages that are ready for delivery, and means that every year we receive one of the best ratings offered by the Banque de France.
13 - 15 March 2016
24 - 26 May 2016